Exceptional dental care for the whole family at every stage of life
From our family to your family, we welcome you to the online home of the office of Dr. Matthew VanderLaan. It has been our privilege to support the oral health needs of multi-generational households across the Byron Center, Wyoming, Dorr Township, Kentwood, Grandville, Hudsonville, Cutlerville, and Wayland areas of western Michigan.
When your oral health is maintained, restored, or sustained, the health of the whole you is also supported. After all, many oral conditions can adversely affect your overall health, not just your oral health. Periodontal infections, for instance, are associated with cardiovascular, respiratory, and other health problems and organ damage.
General dentistry for all ages, life stages
At VanderLaan Family Dentistry, we deliver comprehensive, cutting-edge dental services with an exceptional level of customized, quality care. Our services also evolve with you and your family members.
All of our patients, regardless of if they are pediatric patients or seniors, can benefit from:
- Routine professional cleanings, scheduled at least once every six months
- Routine dental exams, generally scheduled during the same appointment as your cleaning
- Oral cancer screenings, also scheduled at the six-month dental check-up
- Safe and precise digital dental X-rays to visualize what cannot be seen clinically for early and accurate detection and treatment of oral problems
- Professional preventive services such as fluoride supplements, dental sealants, or oral appliance therapy
With the above services, Dr. VanderLaan and our team can help you prevent the formation and progression of dental disease. However, we know everyone comes from different situations. If it has been many years since your last dental visit, or you are concerned you may need some treatments, rest easy knowing we have you covered with a range of restorative dentistry services to help with your needs.
These options include:
- A deep cleaning (Scaling and Root Planning) to resolve some forms of gum disease
- Other periodontal therapies and maintenance to keep your gums healthy and disease-free
- Tooth-colored dental fillings made from composite resin
- Porcelain inlays, onlays
- Porcelain full dental crowns
- Root Canal Therapy to preserve teeth
- Dental implants as the ideal way to replace missing teeth
- Full and Partial Dentures to replace multiple or all missing teeth
- Full arch dental implants to replace a missing arch of teeth with a fixed, permanent solution
One of the best things we can provide you is guidance that resonates and is tailored to your one-of-a-kind needs, preferences, characteristics, and habits. And many of the routine and preventative services listed here are 100% covered by the VFD Family Savings Plan, our exclusive, in-house savings plan.
Our plans present a no-strings-attached, no-surprises, no-restrictions alternative to dental insurance. Call (616) 288-2554 with questions or to schedule your appointment today.
Dental disease is not curable, but it is highly preventable. We work with our patients to educate them on the many simple ways we can prevent future treatment needs, once all dental needs have been addressed. Our cavity prevention protocol includes the following:
- Topical fluoride application at all hygiene visits.
- Prescription fluoride toothpaste, available for purchase in our office at all times
- Use of Xylitol products (comes in many candy or gum form). Xylitol is a naturally occurring sweetener that is proven to reduce the amount of cavity forming bacteria in the oral cavity, and also disrupt the formation of cavity causing plaque.